PITCH Best Practices
If you have a startup and you’re looking for investors in Europe, you must give a special attention to your Pitch-Deck. This is your main tool to capture focus from European investors and to show them that you have an unique product or service.
The Venture Builder´s mission is to provide the necessary/ideal environment to support your startup with the right skills, so that it can enter the Portuguese market and, consequently, gain access to European markets.
These are the topics you need to cover:
- Executive Summary
- Business Model
- The Market Opportunity
- Customer Acquisition
- Investment Needs (+ milestones)
When communicating with investors, make sure you spend some time on the problem, solution (innovation) and traction. Do not forget that the people in front of you, are the ones that can spend money to convert your idea into actuality. In the end, don’t make any mistakes with the competitors’ slide. This is a do or die slide for you to get the funding.
In the meantime, you can follow these advices to prepare your pitch:
- Know your audience, the objective, and the time you have to pitch.
- Create an organized and logical storyline, using slides to guide the audience through the story.
- Plan some sentences to finish the pitch professionally.
- Speak calmly and slowly. Give the audience time to think.
- Do not exceed the time you were given.
- Practice, practice, practice your pitch out loud.
Do not miss next week´s hands-on workshop. All these Workshops are part of our Softlanding Programs. Startup Voucher, a 100% government-funded Voucher may cover your initial softlanding costs in Europe.